History of the Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation
May 2011 – Approval of the Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation Bylaws
- Since its inception in 2011, the Trustees of the Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation has worked diligently to bring the dream of expanding the Vulcan Community Health Centre to a reality.
- The Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation submitted a business plan to construct additional space for primary health care purposes and to expand the Vulcan Medical Clinic to Alberta Health Services.
January 2013 – Letter to Brenda Hubband, Senior Vice President, Calgary Zone, Alberta Health Services
- A letter of request was sent to AHS to approve the Foundation’s wish to start raising funds to cover the total capital cost for the construction of additional primary care space and to expand the size of the Vulcan Medical Clinic.
February 2014 – Letter to Lori Anderson, Interim Senior Vice President, Calgary Zone, Alberta Health Services
- Another letter of request was sent to AHS to approve the Foundation’s proposal to start fund-raising for the expansion of the Vulcan Community Health Centre.
March 2015 – Alberta Health Services released a report titled “Vulcan Community Health Centre – Strategic Options Analysis”
- The purpose of that report was to investigate and recommend the best redevelopment plan for the Vulcan Community Health Centre that would allow retaining the current operational model, utilizing close operational connection to the Primary Care Network’s Medical Clinic.
Alberta Health Services Letter
- The Foundation received permission from AHS to start fund raising for the expansion of the Health Centre.
- Vulcan County and the Town of Vulcan both agreed to match, dollar for dollar, all funds raised by the Foundation for the Vulcan Community Health Centre. A $1.00 donation now will become a $3.00 donation thanks to the Town and the County!
- Representatives of Alberta Health Services, Vulcan County, the Town of Vulcan, and the Board of the VCH&WF signed an agreement signalling the official start of the expansion of the Vulcan Community Health Centre.