June 12, 2020
June 9, 2020
Changes in visitation for the Vulcan Community Health Centre:
Visitation for ER department now allows for one support person to accompanying the patient.
Acute care patients can now designate two support people to visit with them. They still have to be screened with the health questionnaire and temperature check. They are asked to do hand hygiene, wear a mask, go directly to the patient’s room and not to go to other rooms or patients. They may visit 2 at a time if there is room to social distance in the room, otherwise they are asked to visit one at a time.
For LTC: each resident has named a designated essential visitor and that is the only person that is allowed inside the building in the residents room. However, the designated visitor can arrange for an outdoor visit with themselves, the resident and one other. These are booked through the unit clerk and we limit it to 3 family visits at a time in the garden area.
June 3, 2020
A Message from the Vulcan Community Health Centre – May 1, 2020
If you are in immediate danger…call 9-1-1. Are you losing control…angry, stressed, frightened? It is a fact that in pandemics there is an increase in domestic violence and child abuse. We care and there is help available at the Vulcan Community Health Centre! Call and get help for yourself, your family or your loved ones. Contact: Bev Edwards RN BN, Mental Health Clinician Vulcan Community Health Centre 403-485-3356
Regional Covid-19 Updates
Regional Covid-19 updates are being provided by the Vulcan County Regional Emergency Management Partnership. You can access these updates by going to either the Vulcan County or the Town of Vulcan websites.
Alberta Health Services Updates
Vulcan Medical Clinic Procedures
- The Vulcan Medical Clinic is open during the COVID-19 pandemic
- clinic hours are Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Be advised that the doctors are still seeing patients in the clinic for scheduled appointments.
- The “on-call” physician will continue to see walk-in patients following the clinic’s normal protocol.
Booking a Telephone Appointment with your Family Physician
Telephone appointments will be booked for you if:
- you are in self-isolation or quarantine
- you would want a medical appointment with your family physician but would prefer not to come to the medical clinic
- To book a telephone appointment, please call the Vulcan Medical Clinic at 403-485-2216. Our receptionist would be happy to book a telephone appointment for you with your family physician.
- If you must go to Emergency be advised of the following:
- Only ONE support person with you – if needed
- DO NOT bring children into the Emergency unless the child is the patient.
Public Health Appointment
- If you have an appointment for your child’s immunization or other procedure, please leave your other children at home.