The Vulcan County Health & Wellness Foundation (VCH&WF) has three primary goals:
- To provide the resources to support the Vulcan Community Health Centre.
- Keeping our Vulcan Community Health Centre viable and sustainable is one of our top priorities.
- Every dollar donated to the VCH&WF stays in Vulcan County and will be used to provide the highest quality of health care possible to all citizens living in the County.
- To develop, promote, and deliver health and wellness programs that service all of the citizens living in Vulcan County.
- To provide bursaries for the professional healthcare workers in our community allowing them to continue their education and/or take courses in specialized areas.
- We believe the highest quality health care available is the RIGHT of every citizen of Vulcan County.
- The Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation is a non-profit organization charged with the task of raising funds to enable and enhance quality health care and wellness in the towns and villages of Vulcan, Carmangay, Champion, Lomond, Milo, Arrowwood, and Mossleigh, as well as for all of the rural residents living in Vulcan County.
Objectives of the Foundation:
- To solicit and receive by gift, bequest, transfer or otherwise, property of every nature and description;
- Subject to any prior trust conditions imposed on the use of the property, to hold, use and administer the property generally for the benefit of:
- the Relevant Regional Health Authority* generally;
- each health facility within Vulcan County that is owned and operated by the Relevant Regional Health Authority*; and
- each health program within Vulcan County operated by the Relevant Regional Health Authority*;
- To further health care education for residents of Vulcan County
NOTE: *The current Relevant Health Authority is Alberta Health Services.